(This week’s blog postings are adapted from the theme address, “Preaching Under Pressure,” presented at the EK Bailey International Conference on Expository Preaching in July.)
The God who allows pressures to come your way is the God who will be there when you need Him:
- When you are weak, He is El Shaddai, the almighty God
- When you are feeling low, He is El Elyon, the most high God
- When your world feels like it is crumbling, He is El Olam, the everlasting God.
- When your resources feel like they are at the end, He is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who will provide.
- When you feel like crawling away to hide, He is Jehovah Nissi, the Lord is my banner.
- When it feels like your life is consumed by conflict, He is Jehovah Shalom, the Lord is peace.
- When it feels like you are all alone, He is Jehovah Sabbaoth, the Lord of Hosts.
- When you feel tainted by sin, feel that God can never use you, He is Jehovah Maccaddeshcem, the Lord your sanctifier.
- When you feel lost, He is Jehovah R’oi, the Lord your shepherd.
He is Father and He is God. He is Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, and Judge.
He is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
He is your Advocate and the Anointed One.
He is the Bishop of your soul and the Bread of life.
He is your comforter and cornerstone.
He is the Deliverer and the Desire of Nations.
He is Emmanuel and the End in whom all things will be reconciled.
He is the Foundation and the Fountain from which flows living water.
He is the Horn of Salvation and the Holy One of Israel.
He is the Lamb of God and the Light of the World.
He is Master, Mediator and Mighty God.
He is the Passover Lamb and the Propitiation for our sins.
He is your Refiner and your Refuge.
He is your Rock, and He is the Resurrection and the Life.
He is the Suffering Servant and the Savior of the World.
He is the Wonderful Counselor and the Word.
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
He is all you want and all you need.
He is the God who takes your pressures and turns them into diamonds. So preach His name, proclaim Him to the nations. When things are good, preach! When the pressure is on, preach! Preach in every time, every season, every situation, until He calls you home or He returns in Glory. Let God take your pressures and transform them into His diamonds.
Thank you so very much!
Christian Sermons has come out many times which has confirmed
the Holy Spirit has touched many other. Christian Sermons are indeed a way to express at
least to an extent the power of Jesus Christ.
Christian Sermons can convict you and practically force you to come to terms
with the power of Jesus Christ. Many Years ago I prayed
and prayed for God to show me the light, the way, and the
path for my intention. Enoch is an exceptional example of man that walked with God
and was taken or interpreted. Christian Sermons hopes I have had
and validated the reply to many prayers. Even though you love God
you may very well (if not definitely) still sin but you can do the best you can to prevent temptations that lead to sin.
I come from a family that preaches the Gospel and Christian Sermons
are a great way to spread the word of God. It is crystal clear for the Bible.
Genuine Christian Sermons will always support or validate this.